Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Rain, Lots of Rain
I'm starting to love the rain, last night was the best nights sleep since my hibernation ended. The rain is so relaxing and it makes everything in the lake happy. The fish love it and swim around more, the birds love it because the worms come out of the ground and they can eat them, and I love it not just because it helps me sleep but because it keeps the wranglers away.

Before last year I never really liked the rain. When I was in my little cage the rain usually meant I would be alone and I wasn't used to being alone since I was domesticated at the time. Now I'm more of a wild man, a true survivor, who appreciates all of what nature has to offer me. This whole experience has made me into a more complete gator, more humble, more grateful, and more aware of the world as a whole. When you live in a backyard your perspective is really distorted. You think that the whole world is just getting fed by your owner and sleeping. Now I know there is so much more, there are so many great people around and there is so much water to swim in. Being free is great.

I hope it keeps raining for awhile. You can keep the thunder and lighting though, I still haven't grown to enjoy that.

Thanks for all the great emails and keep them coming. All of my contact information is on the right side of the page.

Lastly, I'd like to give a shout out to a big fan, George Marshmallow.
 
posted by Reggie The Gator at 7:18 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 11:52 AM, Blogger sharon Raphael

Reggie,

Did you know that Lisa Haley composed and sings a song about you. Go to http://cdbaby.com/cd/lisahaley2

sharon raphael, long beach