Sunday, September 11, 2005
Little Reggie's Capture, Still Trying to Catch Me, and More Gator
This has been a very hectic weekend since the capture of "Little Reggie". His (I'm not sure of his gender but Reggie is a males name) capture has sparked a storm of media attention again. Today a Daily Breeze article reported that Tim Williams from Gatorland in Florida is coming back to try and catch me this week. I guess they're hoping that the third try is a charm. I'm hoping that the it's their third strike. Maybe they would be able to catch me if they didn't let everyone know what they were going to do before they did it, the element of surprise can work on Gators too.

LA Fire department captured Little Reggie by extending a fireman sixty feet over the water on a ladder. These guys knew what they are doing. We aren't usually being attacked by anything from the air, so this was a really good strategy. You can read about the capture on the LA Fire Department News Blog.

Part of Little Reggie's downfall is that he got himself stuck in a small area where they were able to fence him off. That is precisely why I have never left the lake. I've thought about many times but my instincts always told me to stay put. I have over 50 acres of water to hide in at Machado Lake.

It was also reported that some of the neighbors attempted to capture Little Reggie on their own late Wednesday afternoon. I guess they nabbed him using a fish hook and almost got him but he escaped. I would like to ask all locals to not attempt to catch me for two reasons. One I am bigger, stronger, and smarter than Little Reggie and two if you don't know what you're are doing it is possible you will hurt me. Right now the papers are saying that the little guy is fine but lets all see what happens to him.

Another Daily Breeze Article said that their is a high possibility that there are numerous Gators in Machado Lake. I have no comment on that. Let's just say that right now I'm the only one here.

Me and my blog made it into the Canyon News which reports to Malibu, Beverly Hills, and other nice places. Their story didn't address anything new. People have been asking me how come I chose Machado Lake instead of another place like Alondra Park, Macarthur park, or some parks in the areas that the Canyon News covers. I guess the reason I wanted my owner to take me to Machado was because I'm a local gator. I knew that the people in Harbor City, Wilmington, San Pedro, Lomita (Thanks to Kat for the reminder), Torrance, PV, and even Long Beach would show me love that I wouldn't receive anywhere else.

The story of Little Reggie and myself has again gained international attention. Here are some links to stories in South Africa, U.K, and Australia:

South Africa
U.K.
Australia

Reggie
 
posted by Reggie The Gator at 9:10 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Kat

Don't forget that the people of Lomita support Reggie too!

 

At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Hey Reggie, you rock, dude. Don't let those Florida people get you. We all love you in the South Bay!

 

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Reggie The Gator

Thanks for the support. My goal is to live in the wild as long as I can. I'm a survivalist.