Tuesday, September 13, 2005
I'm Here. The Great Alligator Hoax

I'm alright. It was just a hoax but I decided I better lay low for a few hours just in case the authorities had something funny planned. Here is what Los Angeles Parks and Rec had to say:

"To the best of my knowledge and all the reports I have received this morning, it was a hoax," said Ron Berkowitz, the Los Angeles Recreation and Parks superintendent, who supervises the area that includes the lake. "I called the zoo to verify and the gator is not there. I called the rangers, the city council office and my staff at the lake. There was no capture."

I appreciate the outpouring of love I received in my email, you guys give me the strength to keep pushing for my freedom.

Whoever planned this hoax is great. This thing spread like wildfire to all parts of the globe. This hoax made it all over the U.S. and worldwide including Canada, Australia, and the U.K. This guy is either crazy or a genius.

Here is the article from the LA Times that talks about my "capture":

Los Angeles Times

I like how they get down all the details like the car I was placed in was a rented 2005 Escalade. Don't they know that gators prefer Navigators, for obvious reasons. This was also the first article where the LA Times mentioned my blog.

Articles about it being a hoax then appeared in all the same papers a few hours later. Here is a sample of one:

Times Daily - Northwest Alabama

Thanks again for all the support and the love. I love all you guys. Let's stay strong and keep spreading the word.

Reggie

 
posted by Reggie The Gator at 10:34 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


At 12:30 PM, Blogger La

Woohoo! That's the way to give those "experts" the slip. I'm rooting for ya!

 

At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Yippeeeeee!!!!! I'm so relieved it was just a hoax. Hang in there, Reggie -- don't let them get you, and please don't get depressed -- just remember you have a lot of fans out here cheering you on!!!

 

At 4:04 PM, Blogger Reggie The Gator

Thanks for the support. I only wish that I had something to do with this hoax. It would have given gators a reputation as an intelligent being.

 

At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Fallbrook room additions

What in the world is the world...Some people believe that to create is great but build is like changing the past forever... If you want to create a beautiful home Visit Fallbrook room additions and you can see what a little change can create..

 

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Thumbs up! Keep your blog growing. Thanks. HorseMan